Ten to 10
There are three components to ICD-10 Provider Education. The first web-based trainings will be available this Monday, August 24, 2015.
What do I need to know?
Component #1: General Overview
- Education that explains the What and Why of ICD-10
- Can be completed at your own pace through the Education Center
- Available August 24, 2015
- Takes about 30 minutes to complete
- Eligibile for 30 minutes of CME credit
Component #2: How-To Training
- 4 separate modules that discuss how to update Problem Lists in the various EMRs.
- Providers will only be asked to complete the modules that apply to their practice:
- Deployed via the Education Center
- Available September 1, 2015
- Modules take about 10 minutes each
Component #3: Specialty Specific Reference Material
- Documentation Tips provided by CDI
- Generally applicable to both inpatient and ambulatory documentation
- Select modules available online now, more being added as they become available.
What do I need to do?
Complete the General Overview Module. A Provider Education Job Aid is available if you need instructions on how to access the modules.
Review the Specialty Specific Reference Material available on the ICD-10 webpage.
Look for additional communication regarding the release of the How-To modules.
- ICD-10-CM (Diagnosis) codes wlll not begin with the letter U.
- ICD-10-PCS (Hospital Procedural) codes will not use letters I or O.
For more information click on the ICD-10 link on the Portalor call the ICD-10 Team 302-327-7610.